So, I have been at the Stomp all weekend...the state conference for the roller derby. Pretty exciting let me tell you! Definitely exceeded my expectations! Such a fun crowd and great action! My booth was fun and turned out really well (no pics to share, sorry...completely forgot my small camera).
For those of you checking out the blog from the Stomp....welcome! I'll be announcing the contest here on Tuesday so check back!
On a random note, I have become addicted to the TBS reruns of Sex and the City...totally random addiction blamed on a late night when that was the only thing on and now I'm tivo'ing them:) I only watched about 1 season when they were on so most of it is new to me. You know how Carrie writes down her ponderings and all that in show...I keep finding myself doing that in my head as I think about things...maybe I'm watching the show too much:)
oh, and I almost forgot about the title! With that new Sex in the City brain of mine...I was at the Roller Derby thinking about what my roller derby name would be if I were a roller girl. They tend to be play on words and usually are pretty entertaining and on the dark side. I decided I would be Skulley (s. kelley is my name...and some people shorten it to skelley since that is how I write is sometimes....get it?) So, what could/would yours be!?
"The perfect derby name should not only be sassy, witty, and tough, but it should also have some personal significance to the skater. Favorite celebrity names, movie titles, and song lyrics can all serve as inspiration for a great derby name, as well as hobbies, interests, and personal obsessions." -- Emma Badapple, Gotham Girls Roller Derby
you can go here for some inspiration:)
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i think bern being burn could be a part of it...but haven't come up with the rest of it
Post a Comment