Love, love, love the fall! The air has been so crisp lately and you can feel winter on the horizon. I was thinking about this post for about a week now but wanted to wait to write it until after Halloween and once we made it into the more appropriate month of November.
I was walking downtown one morning last week and it was one of those cold mornings. I passed a condo where the construction crew was already at work, bundled up in the cold. Next block, I passed a gentlemen who I assume is homeless, bundled up with his jacket and all his earthly belongings. Got me thinking...how blessed are we?! The world throws so much crap at us, especially lately with the economy, worries, day to day living, that we sometimes lose sight of the simplicity of life and our blessings.
Simplistic blessings, if you will.
A house to stay warm in. A stove to cook dinner on. Lights to turn on. A car to drive. A family to hug. A coffee to warm you up. A paycheck that you can count on. Insurance in case you need to see a doctor. A friend to call. A phone to use. Memory filled possessions. A choice of clothes in the morning. Shoes.
As we come into this season of Thanksgiving, let us remember the simplistic blessings. The ones that are so often overlooked yet so vitally important. Lastly, take that blessing and pay it forward. You are blessed to be a blessing.
I spoke of this song on here before and this post got me singing it in my head...so I thought I would share. Oddly enough, a search of youtube for this amazing song by Aaron Niequest and the one on there is by the church that Brad and I have been going to, Powell Church. Thought that was a fun coincidence. Also, they have a great download at Powell Church of their worship songs...good stuff!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment