1. Flat Stanley's book came! It's a story for Kaitlyn (maker of Flat Stanley) entitled Flat Stanley goes West. It's written in first person of Flat Stanley. Quite fun! **Jamie, its on the way to you finally!!** Here are some pics:


2. Heading up to Wisconsin this coming weekend for a baby shower and some family funness! I'm shivering just thinking about it! Bean's third airplane trip of her short life...she's a travelin' girl and loves airplanes!
3. Currently Reading: Wide Open Spaces by Jim Palmer. Love it...go read it! I'll give a better review when I'm done with it but just wanted to mention it here. If you want to borrow it, let me know...I love sharing my books:)
4. Does anyone know of somewhere in Knoxville that does drumming. One of my life goals is to learn to play them and I love listening to them. We went to First Night downtown on New Year's Eve for the sole purpose that they advertised a drum circle. Apparently my definition of a drum circle isn't too in line with the southern definition because there were two random guys playing and they were just walking around. And just because I'm on a Youtube kick...here's a clip of what a drum circle is. Go ahead, think I'm a hippie, weird, or earthy...(I'm a little proud of that anyways...enjoy being different) but I have seen some awesome worship to God happen in the midst of a drum circle!
5. We're starting 2009 off with a bang....special announcement coming soon! Also, for those thinking about sessions or upcoming weddings...please contact me sooner rather than later to get a date scheduled because some months are filling up fast...just an fyi:)
3 comments:
flat stanley looks very happy on his book. they do awesome drum circles in asheville nc. we love going up on friday nights visiting mike and going to the drum circle. and yes, the one here on nye was needing improvement...but at least the attempt was there and now there is something to build on. lionheart ministry may do a drum circle. be awesome if they do, for them to be the ones to get it going downtown.
my husband gives drumming lessons, but we are in campbell county. It's about 20 miles north of knoxville. He plays for our worship team at church. He also has a (no clue how to spell) djembe', bongos, and a bunch of other things. Just thought I'd mention it. If your interested, my number is 423.494.9065 and my name is bethany. Lion heart's drum line is awesome!
great pics!
oh my!! I just found this comment and am so excited!!!!! I'm definitely looking into it! Thanks!!
Post a Comment