My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.shannonkelleyphotography.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 2, 2009

meet flat stanley

Flat Stanley is a elementary school project based off a book about a boy who gets flattened by a falling bulletin board (i know...gruesome!) but makes the best of it by seeing that his uniqueness by sliding under doors and being able to fit in an envelope to see the world. So, the kids color their Flat Stanley, write a letter, and send it to a person who writes them back with their adventures.

Kaitlyn decided to send her Flat Stanley to us! In perfect timing, as he arrived the day before we left for Las Vegas. So, he traveled with us and had all sorts of adventures. From rock climbing, riding on a motorcycle, seeing the Las Vegas strip, and even a little arm booboo that had to be fixed with tape (we're blaming it on the rock climbing...even though the real culprit is my needing-to-be-organized purse!!)

I am putting all the pics in a little book to send to Kaitlyn entitled Flat Stanley Goes West. Here is the beginning paragraph to give you a little taste:

"Hi! My name is Flat Stanley. Kaitlyn colored me at her school and sent me in an envelope to Brad and Shannon's house in Knoxville, TN. It got a little dark in the envelope but I sang songs to keep me busy and before long I was being opened by Shannon, who was quite excited to see me! They said I was just in time to go on a trip with them to Las Vegas, Nevada. I have never been there! So we packed up and headed out on a plane the next morning for our journey out West."

Here are some pictures from our adventures....(click on it to see it larger)

3 comments:

Amber Harris said...

You are such a fun aunt! I'm sure that Kaitlyn will learn a lot from this little project and she will have the best pictures and story to share with her class.

Jamie Lee said...

She is going to love this/ Thanks so much for doing this for her

Bernadette said...

oh the fun of it all!!!