Dont you love when things start clicking together. So, church last Sunday we sang a song with the lyrics "all I am is yours". It really struck me....think about each of those words. All. I. am. is. yours. 5 key words that I could go on about but don't want to be too preachy. In essence, we get wrapped up in the daily grind and tend to forget that our purpose on earth is not to make the most money, acquire things, be someone famous. Rather, we are His and here for the sole purpose of living for Him. So then, with that in mind. I wrote the last blog about being privileged and having the privilege. 2 completely different takes on the word really. That got me thinking about the song on Sunday and relating it to the song.... All I am is yours. What a privilege and one that anyone, no matter what race, income, continent, can have and it is the greatest privilege of all. What an equality we all can share, if only in this one great thing! If someone gave you infinate money to give a home or food to everyone in the world and the more you gave the more you were rewarded...would you not do it? Then if God is a greater privilege than any earthly thing and we have the capacity to give to all and get blessed in return...are we doing all we can? Then I ran across this bible verse while looking up the word and it summed all of it up with my whole thinking that "church" can, and needs to, happen anywhere.
Hebrews 13:13 (The Message)
13-15So let's go outside, where Jesus is, where the action is—not trying to be privileged insiders.... This "insider world" is not our home.
Sorry for my crazy train of thought and hope it makes sense:) Not that I have all the answers and do all this...more of my thoughts and daily motivation for myself....Just wanted to share my thoughts:)
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wow...i'm not quite sure my brain on burn out can comment on such indepth thinking...God you take after your dad:) i agree and think it is awesome in thought...i just don't have the energy to respond....love it tho! keep thinking for me...thanks i need someone to think for me
I've never heard that song, but I sure would like to! All that I am is His. . . .
Post a Comment