Apologies to all !!! I completely forgot about 5 on Friday!! i have been feeling under the weather and it has gotten the best of me...never fear though, I am on my way back to norm:) It may be a good thing that I forgot because I totally got inspired on Sunday for my special 5 on Friday. We have been going to this church, Knox Life, and loving it. The whole vision is to love God, love people. It completely fits in with my whole thinking on the world is our church, you can hold church anywhere, even Jesus didn't have a "church" that he went to every week, etc (I'll spare you from my soap box!) Anyways, with all that said they have weekly things that you can do to impact Knoxville. I was wanting to go to one this weekend but already have a full schedule, which got me thinking that there are so many things we can all do, even in our busy lives, that can impact the world. Then we sang this song with the lyrics "you have been changed, so bring change, so bring change. You have been blessed, so go and be a blessing". Ties right into my life quote "be the change you wish to see in the world". And that, my friends, is this special 5 on Friday. And I commission all of you to try at least one of these and also post comments of any other ideas you have...because this 5 is just a taste of what you could do!
So, with all that said, 5 ways you can impact the world (even in your busy life!)
-Want to do more for a ministry that you love and support its mission, sign up to be a prayer partner and, if time, take even an hour to volunteer.
-When you drive past someone on the street, rather than offering criticism about how they got there, etc, say a prayer for them, that God would impact their life.
-Donate things that you no longer need to an organization. Foster home organizations, such as Omni and Youth Villages, are usually in need.
-Plan on doing a good thing with your children, such as making cards to give out at a nursing home. This one simple act can impact their youngs lives in ways you would never imagine!
-And most importantly of all, "preach the gospel, if necessary, use words". Be on the constant lookout for opportunities to bless someone. It may be as little as offering a helping hand or a smile. You never know how God will impact you.
Monday, April 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's the little things that count so much. I often think the worst but you are always so optimistic and seem to get me out of that pessimism (sp) so well.
Post a Comment